July 2023 – June 2024: All dates are fully booked and we are not accepting rental requests.
Community Rental Information and Resources
The Poway Center for the Performing Arts is owned and operated by the City of Poway as a Division of the Community Services Department. We are here to provide exceptional services and to ensure your event runs smoothly and successfully.
If you are interested in holding your event at the Poway Center for the Performing Arts, please click on our Planning Guide for essential information and details regarding theatre rental and use of our facility, including the following required steps:
STEP 1: One Year Advance Request
- Rental requests may be submitted by completing the Step 1 One Year Advance Request Form (click here for fillable form) and sending to email@example.com.
- Requests will be accepted on the first day of the month, one year in advance. For example: a request for January 2024 may be submitted on January 1, 2023.
- The PCPA makes every effort to accommodate your requests however, to maximize theatre use, you must provide three (3) rental date request options.
- Rental will be authorized in-writing by the Theatre Manager.
STEP 2: 90-Day Advance, Deposit, Facility Use Agreement
Once the Theatre Manager has confirmed your rental request, the Administrative Assistant will contact you to continue the theatre rental process approximately one-hundred and twenty (120) days before your event.
- You are required to complete and submit the 90-Day Advance Form (click here for SAMPLE form) ninety (90) days before your event. Once your theatre rental has been confirmed by the Theatre Manager, our Administrative Assistant will send you a fillable version of this form.
- Your deposit is also due ninety (90) days before your event. The theatre rental and damage/cleaning deposit amounts are based on the number of rental days and will be communicated to you by the Administrative Assistant. (Please refer to the Fee Schedule for complete list of rental fees.)
- A Facility Use Agreement (click here for SAMPLE form) will be issued to you after the PCPA receives the required 90-Day Advance Form and deposit. Once this agreement has been executed (signed by you (client) and our Theatre Manager) you will move forward to the next steps in our theatre rental process.
- Any delays in the submission of the required deposit, 90-Day Advance Form and signed Facility Use Agreement, will stall moving forward in the rental process and may result in additional fees. Consistent delays may result in the cancelation of your use.
STEP 3: Box Office Ticketing
- Once you have an executed Facility Use Agreement, the Box Office Coordinator will send you the Box Office Ticketing Form (click here for SAMPLE form). Once we receive your signed Facility Use Agreement, the Box Office Coordinator will send you a fillable version of this form.
- Completing the form in its entirety with accurate information is the key to a successful on-sale date. Incomplete forms will not be accepted and will be returned to you.
- Delays in communicating with our Box Office Coordinator or submitting complete and essential ticketing information will impact your requested ticket on-sale date.
STEP 4: Event Insurance
- Insurance is required of any entity or individual using the PCPA and must meet all the specifications required by City of Poway Risk Management.
- You may purchase insurance through the City of Poway or may provide insurance through your own provider.
- IMPORTANT TIMELINE: INSURANCE WILL BECOME DUE 30 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR EVENT. You may NOT submit insurance earlier than 30 days before your event. Your insurance may NOT be dated earlier than 30 days before your event. The Administrative Assistant will send you an insurance reminder as this window of time approaches. If your insurance is dated or submitted before 30 days prior to your event, it will be returned and you will be asked to re-submit at the appropriate time.
- Likewise, if proof of insurance is not received by 21 days prior to your use of the PCPA, you may be required to purchase and pay for event insurance from the City of Poway.
STEP 5 – Preshow Meetings
- Pre-show meetings are required.
- Our team will schedule a time approximately four (4) weeks before your event.
- Be prepared to review all box office, technical, and front of house information and provide as much detail about your event as possible.